I’ve been searching around for some nice recipes. Came across this one recently on a Blog called ‘Plan to Eat’.
Here it is…
100% Cornmeal Cornbread
- 1 3/4 cup cornmeal, preferably organic or non-GMO
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or bacon grease)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 10″ cast iron skillet or an 8×8″ pan.
- In a small bowl combine cornmeal, baking powder, and salt and whisk well with a fork. In a medium sized bowl beat eggs and mix in honey, milk, and melted butter.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of the bread. Allow to cool before cutting. Serve with lots of butter (obviously).
Here’s a PDF of the recipe all nicey nice like – for you to print out at your leisure – CLICK HERE
Let me know how it turns out for you.